Jose Rivera, who is the Interim Vice President for Student Services at Antelope Valley College, shares his 5-step process:
1. Provide continuity, direction, and oversight of the Student Services Division to meet the challenges.
2. Set the course for hiring a permanent Vice President of Student Services.
3. Prepare for the upcoming Accreditation Visit.
4. Plan, with the Student Services Departments, the move into a newly constructed Student Services facility later in the Fall semester.
5. Provide the support and stability for the entire Student Services Division/staff by supporting development of short-and-long range strategic plans.
Jose feels it is an exciting opportunity to serve Antelope Valley College at this pivotal time in its history and we wish him the best of luck!